Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Not Of This Earth (1988) being re-released!



According to Digital Bits, the next wave of Roger Corman's Cult Classics line available on November 2 will include a re-release of 1988's Not Of This Earth, which was the last nude apearance of Traci Lords before she went all serious on us.



This has been out of print on DVD for awhile but what makes this of more interest is that every one of these single title re-releases such as Piranha, Humanoids From The Deep, Forbidden World, etc. Have also had simultaneous Blu-Ray versions as well. The link to it on Amazon doesn't list Blu-Ray as an option, but hopefully that will change. Special features include the following:

New Interview With Traci Lords
New Commentary With Traci Lords And Director Jim Wynorski
Original Commentary With Director Jim Wynorski
Theatrical Trailer

So at least they made it worth a double dip for people like me that already own the original DVD

Also listed as a double feature disc coming out the same day is The Terror Within / Dead Space.



And as usual, anyone that buys anything from Amazon after clicking one of my links, helps me out as I get a small cut of what is ordered, so if you do, thanks!

On a side note, originally there was supposed to be a double feature release in October for Warrior and the Sorceress / Barbarian Queen, but I think that may have been cancelled due to problems regarding the unfortunate murder of actress Lana Clarkson a couple years ago.

3 comments:

Lee Russell said...

This is a great series, well worth ditching your previous Corman discs for. So far I've bought Piranha and the Deathsport/Battletruck double feature. They've actually decided to do a good job on the discs this time around Piranha is loaded to the gills with extras. The commentary for Deathsport makes it about 10 times more watchable now. I think I may ditch my copies of Death Race 2000 and Rock 'n' Roll Highschool and get the new versions.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I have the old DVD of this one. It is a bit of jiggle-fest, and Lords was the one reason I watched/bought it.

That sucks about Warrior/Barbarian. I have not seen either for years.

J. Astro said...

This is grrreeeeaat news!! I've always loved this one.